The holidays have wound down, the Christmas tree was taken down (it survived ~mostly~ the monstrous puppy, AKA... Gage)
, kiddos have gone back to school....time to get back into the swing of things.
I don't think it's a secret my love affair with Starbucks. My ultimate favorite is their holiday flavors and goodies. No one makes holiday treats as decadent as theirs.
My once a year guilty pleasure that I enjoy indulging in is their Cranberry Bliss Bars. Seriously, they are to die for
These days the trips to Starbucks are few and far between and when the Little Baking Princess asked if we would be stopping in for our once a year indulgence it got me thinking (I know...scary.. *snort*) *lightbulb*
I'm a smart gal, I like to bake, I'm the queen of Google!!! ....I bet I could find
a copy cat recipe on the 'net. Not only did I find one but they were *ridiculously yummy*
!!! I took the majority of them to SM's family get together on Christmas Eve and they were a huge hit....not a single one remaining. At home, SM had to snag a couple to hide for himself because they went so quickly.
* Disclaimer: these are extremely addictive and delicious but by NO means healthy ~hey ya gotta indulge once in while! *wink*
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cubed (I said these were delicious not good for you!)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used white chocolate chips, they were easier to find and use)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, melted (if you buy a 12oz bag of white chocolate chips you can just divide it for the entire recipe!)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick spray. (the recipe I found called for a 13x9 baking dish, but we found them to be much too thick)
2. Prepare the blondie layer-
in a medium bowl, melt butter for one minute in microwave. Stir in brown sugar. Scrape the butter and sugar into a large bowl and let cool to room temp. Use an electric mixer to beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in the cranberries and chocolate (the batter will be thick)
3. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake!!!)
. Cool completely.
4. Prepare the frosting-
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate, beat until blended. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Cut into bars- square or triangle shaped.
Leave a Reply